Ron’s Big Mission is an engaging read-aloud that tells the true story of how astronaut Ron McNair courageously stood up against racism as a 9-year old boy in his hometown.
This resource is a set of activities aligned with the book that makes an interesting Black History biography activity for your class.
Ron’s Big Mission is written by Rose Blue and Corinne J. Naden
- Printable Sticky Notes for the teacher to insert in the book
- Step-by-step instructions for how to print on sticky notes
- Standards-Aligned Reading Comprehension Printables
- A QR Code Vocabulary Activity Chart
- Graphic Organizers and Writing Activities
- A Parent Letter for a homework reading assignment
- A Substitute Teaching Letter for No-Prep Sub Work
- Citing Text Evidence
- Defining Vocabulary in Context
- Using Schema to Build Stronger Reading Comprehension
- Building Background Knowledge Activities
- Character Analysis…AND MORE!
☝️☝️ Check out the PREVIEW ☝️☝️