Curious about a unique way to explore Black History Month with your students? 🌟 Dive into our Black History Month activity set, aligned with Charles R. Smith, Jr.’s 28 Days: Moments in Black History That Changed the World. 📚🎉
This resource beautifully complements the picture book, taking students through the 28 days of Black History Month, spotlighting a different influential person or event each day. (Note: Smith’s read-aloud book is not included in this TpT resource.)
Here’s what you’ll find inside this Black History Month Activities Set:
- 📅 One Student Booklet: Each day is a block for students to fill in with Black History facts.
- 🌟 Another Student Booklet: Names of each person or event from the book.
- 🎨 Three Cover Designs: Students can create their own Black History Month booklet.
- 💻 Google Slides Version: Easy access through a direct link.
Other key details:
- 🚫 This resource is not editable.
- 👩🏫 Perfect for 4th-6th graders.
- 📄 Includes 67 printable PDF pages + 29 Google Slides.
- 📝 Lesson Plan Ideas included.
- 📂 Resource comes in a ZIP file.
Get ready to dive deep into Black History Month with engaging, educational activities! 🌍📖
☝️☝️ SEE PREVIEW ☝️☝️
⭐What Other Teachers Are Saying:
I am always looking for material to teach throughout the year about POC because one month a year about the same famous people doesn’t give my students a full understanding of their roots. This was perfect. Thank you!
Loved this resource for my 4th graders, it was easy to get out to the kids and I paired it with the book. The kids enjoyed learning about all the different people.
We used the Pinna App to listen to the book and complete a person per day for the morning meeting. My students are so engaged and I love the conversations it has created every morning.
Loved this resource as a companion to the book. The students, paraprofessionals and myself learned so many new things with this resource.
These pages went perfectly with the book and allowed writing opportunities for the entire month.
This resource is such an invaluable supplement to Charles Smith’s brilliant book. Thank you so much for sharing it!
☝️☝️ SEE PREVIEW ☝️☝️
MORE Resources for History and Biographies
My FULL Series of Read-Aloud Book Companions
- 15 Ways Teachers Encourage Racism in the Classroom
- Black History Month Read-Alouds for Older Kids
- Books for Helping Students Understand Racism
⭐WANT DISCOUNTED RESOURCES WHEN YOU SHOP WITH THE BUTTERFLY TEACHER?!
👉🏾 You can earn credit that lowers the price of your future purchases on this site! 💰
1.Create an account HERE (Which automatically gives you 10 credit points! 🤩)
2.Make a purchase.
3.Leave a rating with detailed feedback on the resource.
4.Then enjoy your rewards. 💙💛❤️
Each time you come back to shop our site your points will be available in your account.
They NEVER expire! 🙌🏾
✨ So thanks in advance for your rating and feedback! ✨