2nd Grade Literacy Centers and Games: Looking for some interesting, standards-aligned literacy centers for your 2nd Graders? These year-long, hands-on literacy centers are designed to give on-going practice with phonics, grammar-parts of speech, reading, and writing. Spiraled literacy practice can help 2nd grade students become much stronger in reading and writing.
- Constant worksheets can be boring! These hands-on activities are engaging and fun.
- These literacy centers can be used with ANY ELA curriculum, read-alouds, or chapter books to give your kiddos engaging practice–so even if your school changes curriculum, or if you change schools, you can still use these! No money wasted.
- Using one set of centers all year prevents you from having to switch out literacy activities every month.
- These centers can be used for during whole class instruction, for independent student work, partner work, or small groups–having this level of flexibility makes lesson planning with them less stressful. Just incorporate where and when you need them for learning.
- Your 2nd graders will have fun with the different card games and matching activities in this set. And if they have fun, they engage and willingly participate, which means they will want to complete their center games without getting on your nerves during small group instruction or guided reading time.
PLUS–you get Google Slides versions of these literacy activities for flexibility to use in-person or online.
- Are Aligned to Common Core, TEKS, and Virginia Standards
- Practice Writing in Complete Sentences
- Identify Short and Long Vowel Sounds including Vowel Teams
- Match Singular & Plural Irregular Nouns
- Correctly use Homophones & Homographs
- Spell words based on their Rhyme Scheme
- Identify and Use Different Type of Text Features
- Practice Open vs. Closed Syllables
- Practice R-Controlled & Magic E Words
- Define Words Based on the meaning of the Prefix or Suffix
- Extension Activities for your early finishers
- Pictured & Detailed Directions for Students
- Center Labels (in 3 different styles)
- GOOGLE SLIDES versions–direct link included for you to make your own copy
NOT ONLY THAT but students will develop collaboration and creativity skills from the partner games featured in this literacy centers resource.
☝️ See the FULL Preview☝️
More 2nd Grade Activities You Will Want:
- 2nd Grade Vocabulary Bundle
- Telling Time Worksheets
- Geometry Review 2D & 3D Shapes Worksheets
- MATH TALKS Bundle
⭐WANT DISCOUNTED RESOURCES WHEN YOU SHOP WITH THE BUTTERFLY TEACHER?!
👉🏾 You can earn credit that lowers the price of your future purchases on this site! 💰
1.Create an account HERE (Which automatically gives you 10 credit points! 🤩)
2.Make a purchase.
3.Leave a rating with detailed feedback on the resource.
4.Then enjoy your rewards. 💙💛❤️
Each time you come back to shop our site your points will be available in your account.
They NEVER expire! 🙌🏾
✨ So thanks in advance for your rating and feedback! ✨