Malcolm X, born Malcolm Little, was a civil rights activist who is often compared to Martin Luther King, Jr. Although Malcolm X’s approach in opposing racial discrimination is considered controversial, he is an important figure in American history who helped pave the way for many other Black civil rights activists.
This biography/history set was designed to help students learn more about his life PLUS practice reading closely and determining vocabulary in context.
I also created this resource to give students an opportunity to embark on their own research about Malcolm X to compare what they find with the non-fiction reading comprehension pages included in this set.
Many students who are learning about political activists, Muslim leaders, and other prominent Black figures will enjoy learning about how Malcolm X was all three!
- 2 Page Reading Comprehension Worksheets w/Answer Keys
- Graphic Organizers
- Kid-Safe Research Activity on the holiday
- Reading Comprehension Questions that can be used for an Assessment
- Vocabulary Activity with AND without QR Codes
- QR Code Troubleshooting Guide for Teachers
- Interactive PDF to assign through Google Classroom–with the Easel Activity Tool
You can use this resource any time throughout the school year; not just for Black History Month.
For more biographies and history resources, visit HERE.
⭐DISTANCE LEARNING—You can send this home as a printable packet OR Use the NEW TpT Digital Tool which allows your students to complete this as an interactive PDF!
Adjustments have already been made allowing the PDF to be used digitally, but you can make further adjustments to use with your students through Google Classroom.