Are your students complaining and arguing a lot? Do you notice frequent whining in your class? Well, this resource is for you! This free gratitude writing activity has prompts that help students reflect on being grateful. The additional Easel assessment will help students see how to practice thankfulness and kindness in the classroom and at home!
Even though we tend to teach kids about gratefulness during November, this is actually a character trait that’s helpful all year long.
- Early Finishers
- Morning Work
- “Thankful Thursdays”
- Pairing with a read-aloud on gratitude
- Homework Alternative / Family Thankful Activity
- “Today I Am Grateful For…” Writing Prompt–Task Card Size
- Reflection Page on Showing Gratitude-Full Sheet Size
- “An Attitude of Gratitude” Writing Prompt–Task Card Size
- The Easel suite of tools has been added and ready for you to use with this freebie.
- You can use the Easel activity tool for students to type what they are grateful for. The text boxes and students have been digitally added for you.
- An Easel Assessment activity has also been added. It will help you cultivate thankfulness in your classroom by showing students practical ways to show gratitude.
This “assessment” is not a traditional test or a quiz. It is a series of questions that challenge your students to think more deeply about gratitude.
❤️ This sample is from the FULL Gratitude Writing Activity Set. ❤️
Character Education Resources HERE
More Resources for November:
- Thanksgiving Mystery Pictures Math Activity
- Twas The Night Before Thanksgiving–Read-Aloud Companion Printable + Digital