Looking for fun and easy ways to teach positive and negative character traits? This unit has 4 different activities to help your upper elementary students better understand common character traits.
- A Character Traits Lesson Slideshow–with 25 different traits and their descriptions
- “Name that Trait” Task Cards–20 Questions that challenge students to identify the correct character trait based on the character’s description
- Character Traits Worksheets–easy, no prep practice with skills such as finding the opposite trait
- “What’s Underneath?”– A Self-Checking Easel Activities Exercise–with 15 questions that require students to read different responses or thoughts from characters, then choose the response that matches the character trait
PLUS–a SCOOT game response sheet is included for the task cards.
You have the option to space these activities out for a month-long unit or just pick any activity based on your curriculum mapping or lesson plans.
- The Answer Keys are included for each activity.
- None of the activities in this unit are editable.
- This resource is aligned to standards for upper elementary.
- The slideshow is saved as a non-editable PowerPoint lesson.
☝️☝️ Check out the PREVIEW for more Information ☝️☝️
- One of the activities in this unit is a Easel Activity–it is not a Google slides.
- Easel by TpT can be used with any learning management system online. You can also assign them through Google Classroom.
- This Easel resource is non-editable.
If you haven’t used the digital tool Easel yet, check out these quick links to learn more: